BIND8 was adding glue NS records to parent zones

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Dec 21 11:44:34 UTC 2007

Hello,

when we were using BIND87, we have notriced that NS records from zones were
added to parent zones as glue (at lease when both zones were master), e.g.
NS records for 0.168.195.in-addr.arpa were added to 168.195.in-addr.arpa.
This way we didn't have to maintain glue records
(I know it's not correct but it was easy and worked...)

With upgrade to BIND9 this functionality disappeared. I was searching for
any information about this but I was unlycky. Can anyone point me to where
is this documented (if it is?)

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.