bind-dlz

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Thu Dec 13 17:58:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 14:29 +0000, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> 	I wonder whether you considered using direct update
> 	transactions (DDNS) and, if so, what made DLZ a more
> 	attractive approach in your circumstances.

The user-facing and administrative systems already used MySQL, so going
forward with an extension to an in-house API that we knew and understood
fully was the easier option. I did, for a brief while, consider using
DDNS with triggered updates from a backend system but at the time I
couldn't work out how to make them work reliably (this work started in
something like 2003!). Also, using updates still meant that we were
running from files in the end, which made the startup time untenable.

Graeme