[Bind-dlz-testers] testing bind-dlz

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Dec 12 14:50:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 16:23 +0530, Agnello George wrote:
> I did as per you instruction ( i am using a virtual private server {VPS} )  :

On one terminal, do

tcpdump -qn -i lo port 3306

Then on another, restart BIND. You should see packets being passed
between the named process as it starts up and the MySQL server. Do a
query against the server; you should see some more.

If you see nothing, the zone is not being loaded.

> is there a way to connect to the database on command line ?

mysql -u binddlzuser -p binddlzpassword binddlzdb

> SHOW TABLES;
> DESC records;
> SELECT * FROM records;

...and so on.