From RHEL to CentOS BIND 9

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Dec 5 21:17:49 UTC 2007

> The keys used for rndc (in the named.conf and rndc.key) should not be
> shared between multiple nameservers.  If you wish to administer multiple

Got it. That's what I figured since I did have transfers working before all of
this went haywire but could not recall. I'll remember this.

Much appreciated.

At this point, I'm going to uninstall and start over again. It looks like bind
and bind-chroot get installed together and mess things up. It turns out, this
is why I have mixed non and chrooted configurations as someone pointed out.

Hope someone who has anything to do with installers is reading this. I am
happy to reiterate if you'd like more information.

Mike