From RHEL to CentOS BIND 9

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Dec 5 14:25:23 UTC 2007

> That being said named has access to only a few directories that it can write
> to all under /var/named/chroot.
>
> /var/named/data
> /var/named/slave

Do you mean that I should still change the default installation permissions to
give named full rw access to these? I would have thought the installer would
do this by default and that users would not need to get into having to change
permissions and so on. I can't believe I've been at this two days now :).

> I apologize if you receive this twice but lately my mails don't seem to be
> getting to the mailing list and I cannot figure out why.

No big deal, thanks for the help :).