Need a little help with recursion in Bind

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 4 19:03:34 UTC 2007

You may need to make a distinction between recursive looks, and
lookups that merely get information from the cache that was already
there by virtue of some allowed client's previous recursive lookup.  The
latest versions of bind give you the ability to control each of these
kinds of
lookups, but I believe 9.2.2 does not.

John Wobus

On Dec 4, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Chris Dibble wrote:

> Hello, I was wondering if there are any problems with the
> "allow-recursion{ acl }" command in Bind 9.2.2.
> Im not sure what is wrong, but I cannot restrict recursion to
> specified IP addresses. The only way I can say no to recursion is to
> use "recursion no;"... Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for
> any insight... C.

---
The contents of this message remain the sole property of the sender
and may be read, but not reused, resdistributed, or pondered in any
form, by the intended recipients.  And if you are not an intended
recipient, please immediately take all disks and backup media upon
which this message may have been stored, however briefly, offline,
and destroy them as soon as humanly possible a manner approved for
maximally-sensitive data by Sarbox, HIPPA, and FISMA and DOD5220.22M,
and submit yourself, and anyone else who may have looked over your
shoulder, to the appropriate authorities to be Neuralizered.