Why named forwards NS queries when is autoritative for upper domain?

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 15:31:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

recetly I've found interesting behavior. I have domain b.a. and
subdomain c.b.a. There's no delegation from b.a. to c.b.a. Server
which is autoritative for c.b.a. has server for b.a. as forwarder.
On server for c.b.a. I've set new subdomain d.c.b.a. with proper
delegation. But when I query "c.b.a." server for NS records of
d.c.b.a. subdomain I get NXDOMAIN from b.a. nameserver. Could anybody
here point me why this doesn't work? I don't use forward {first,only}
options.

Regards, Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.