bug in bind-9.3.2-P2 - SERVFAIL?

bsfinkel at anl.gov bsfinkel at anl.gov
Fri Aug 31 13:47:47 UTC 2007

and Brian Kerr <kerrboy at gmail.com> replied:
>I have reproduced this problem on BIND 9.4.1-P1
>
>It appears to only affect BIND when views are enabled.  There is one
>authoritative server out of the three that is responding with valid
>records as Wes indicated.

I am confused here.  Do you have control over the

     example.com

zone and its name servers?  Or is this just some zone on the Internet
that you are attempting to query.  I would love to try to reproduce
this, but I have no way of querying that zone, as it really is not a
"real" zone with name servers ns[123].  If the real zone being queried
were present in the original posting, then maybe some of us could do
some research.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov