BIND on Windows Vista

Matt Reeve matt at mreeve.com
Thu Aug 16 12:53:34 UTC 2007

My experience is slightly different - I've found that I can start named
from my account which has administrator rights, using:

runas /user:named "named -g"

and this starts fine (after I supply named's password at the prompt). I
can also simply run "named -g" at a run-as-adminstrator command prompt
and that starts fine too.

I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Matt.