newbie need help to confrigure own DNS

Beech Rintoul freebsd at alaskaparadise.com
Sun Apr 29 01:50:51 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007, Stephane Bortzmeyer said:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:28:51PM -0400,
>  Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote
>
>  a message of 61 lines which said:
> > He's not editing configuration files.  He's mentioned "webmin"
> > numerous times.
>
> May be Webmin allows to export the configuration files so he can
> post them here?
>
> That's because a big problem with graphical configuration tools is
> that's it's quite difficult to communicate with users of other
> tools (screenshots?). Unlike text configuration files which are
> written in a common language and can be used for exchange, for
> instance on this mailing list.

Webmin does allow you to edit the config files directly also copy and
paste. It also has many checks, about the only gross error I've seen
it allow is forgetting the trailing period in a FQDN.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html