unable to resolve one specific domain (hotmail.co.uk)

Faehl, Chris cfaehl at rightnow.com
Tue Apr 24 22:39:50 UTC 2007

We are also seeing this problem, identical behavior with regards to dig. A network sniff shows that we're sending our (UDP) queries to ns1, ns3, and ns4.msft.net, but we're never getting any response from those servers. This is occurring in multiple datacenters, but not everywhere, oddly enough - dnsreport.com doesn't note an error, but I'm not entirely certain what dnsreport.com is doing. Reported to msnhst at microsoft.com, not sure traction will be had from that venue.