zone transfer is slow to dns servers running bind 9.2.4

Fariba, Farhad - PA Farhad.Fariba at gmacrescap.com
Mon Apr 23 17:42:45 UTC 2007

Has anyone experienced any performance issues with doing zone transfers
to a dns server running bind 9.2.4?
To address the security vulnerabilities of bind 9.2.2 we have started to
replace our dns servers with new SUN Solaris10 platforms (the old ones
had to go) running bind 9.2.4. Currently I have 4 servers running bind
9.2.2 (3 secondary and one master), with 3 new secondary servers running
bind 9.2.4. Zone transfers (some 150+) take about a minute or so against
the secondary running 9.2.2 but over an hour against the 3 new servers
running 9.2.4. I don't see any errors in the logs. Ideas on what may be
causing the discrepancy would be appreciated.

Thanks you.