'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET)

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Apr 13 01:03:01 UTC 2007

I had to replace my DNS server that runs on my internal 10. network.
It has 8 virtual interfaces.  I install bind using yum install bind.
Version is 9.3.4 running on Fedora Core 6.   I essentially transferred
all my named conf files (everything in /var/named/chroot) from my
backup server, chowned it all to named group named and cranked up
named.  I am running dynamic DNS.  Everything seems ok as far as
lookups go.  However, I am seeing quite a bit of this error message in
my named.log files: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not
satisfied (NXRRSET).  Looked it up, but Im Still not quite sure what
it means or how to fix it.  DHCP runs on the same server, I am getting
these messages there:
  Unable to add forward map from
emac022-mobile4.kes.harrisonburg.k12.va.us to 10.45.10.88: timed out.
For different computers and subnets.  Im assuming that is because of
the named error.   The old server was running 9.2.x.

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger