Dueling Daughters

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 20:25:36 UTC 2007

Of course :)

Point daughterone.example.com and daughtertwo.example.com to the same IP
of your server.
Then in Apache, you'd need to use name-based virtual hosts.

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName daughterone.example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/www/home/example.com/daughterone
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName daughtertwo.example.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/www/home/example.com/daughtertwo
</VirtualHost>

Change the two DocumentRoot paths as appropriate, not forgetting
relevant security and allow/deny sections in Apache as for the document
root.

As you say, anything after this is an Apache issue.

Andy.