named listening on UDP

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Apr 4 00:31:59 UTC 2007

You can force BIND to use a specific port for queries and/or transfers with
the "query-source" and "transfer-source" options statements. However my
feeling is that this invites trouble.
As a point of interest, assuming your DNS server resides behind a NAT
firewall, you could look at the translation table to confirm that the source
port is the result of an outbound connection (as observed by the firewall).
That should satisfy your paranoia ;)

--
Kal Feher