APIs for Management and More

xeroxero xeroxero at newsgroups.nospam
Wed Sep 27 15:35:15 UTC 2006

I am running BIND 9.2.2 9 (with DLZ) on a Linux host, and am looking
for API documentation to
  1. get BIND version information
  2. control the server (stop/start/etc)
  3. verify zone information (eg query for records to
         mimic NSLOOKUP functionality)
  4. update records
  5. create/manage delegation across many zones

  I have searched quite a few web sites, as well as this newsgroup,
and have not seen  anything definitive. I also have the O'Reilly
"Cricket Book", but don't see anything there either.

  Any links, pointers, etc would be greatly appreciated. I must create
a custom management tool with C#.

  Thanks.