Setting up NS...help for a newbie

Daniele Salatti danielesalatti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:03:04 UTC 2006

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 12:52:59PM +0200,
>  Daniele Salatti <danielesalatti at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 62 lines which said:
>
>> But I can't resolve ns1.salatti.net nor ns2.salatti.net from a
>> remote machine (while it works if I try on the VPS).
>
> Of course, noone knows that your servers serve salatti.net. With the
> DNS, you can always claim to be a bishop. But, as long as the pope
> does not tell the people that you are the bishop, they will not listen
> to you...
>
> Salatti.net is currently delegated to ns1.vpsland.com and
> ns2.vpsland.com. You'll need to change that in the ".net" registry
> (the pope). Ask Dot Registrar on how to do so.

First of all, thank you for the fast reply!
I have tryed to do this, but when updating from the interface of my
domain registrar (eurodns.com) I get the error "The IP address of this
host could not be resolved"... I don't know exactly how this work, but I
thought that ns1 and ns2 should be resolvable before I update those
records on the panel...
Another thing I'm not sure about: is it possible to have an outoritative
NS for a domain in the same zone of the domain?

Thanks and regards,
Daniele