Forwarding DNS queries for all but some domains

Chris Thompson cet1 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 15:05:08 UTC 2006

On Sep 11 2006, Ramprasad wrote:

>Hi
>  I want to forward all DNS queries from my caching-nameserver to
>another server. But there are are some domains which have to be server
>locally , via rbldnsd
>
>for-eg
> sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org  ==> forward to rbldnsserver port 530;
> list.dsbl.org         ==> forward to rbldnsserver port 530;
> *                     ==> forward to primary nameserver;
>
>How do I achieve this ?

options { ...
    forward only;
    forwarders { <ip.of.primary.nameserver>; };
    ... };
zone "sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org" {
    type forward; forward only;
    forwarders { <ip.of.rbldns.server> port 530; };
    };
zone "list.dsbl.org" {
    type forward; forward only;
    forwarders { <ip.of.rbldns.server> port 530; };
    };

Depending on your exact requirements, you might be able to use
"forward first" rather than "forward only" in some places.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk