Force TTL on a Caching Name Server

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Sep 6 20:12:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Elzey, Blaine A (Blaine) wrote:

Note however that it's not possible (but occasionally requested) in BIND
to do the OPPOSITE -- i.e. override SHORT ttls with longer values.

There have been a number of buggy patches that do this over the years.

-Dan

--

"We are basically...'Bandwidth Pimps'...Hrmmm...But that's cool man!  You see these gold chains?  It's all good!"

-Ali Dhoon
03/03/2003, 7PM