Named high CPU usage (was: MX Record Configuration)

Tue Oct 31 23:21:39 UTC 2006

Edson,

Please don't hijack another thread - start your own if the subject is
different.
As to your problem, do you have any further information about your setup
- OS, Bind version/patch level etc?  The number of domains you're hosting?

You can also check the stats (rndc stats) to see how many queries your
Bind has done since it was last restarted - in my own implementation,
Bind is restarted every day, and the stats recorded just before-hand, so
I can immediately spot a problem - a while back, our network proxy
server was hijacked, and the number of queries on Bind jumped from 100k
a day to 2 million.

Andy.