NS hosed! Please Advise - SOLVED!

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Oct 26 20:39:40 UTC 2006

* On 26/10/06 19:28 +0300, Wash wrote:
| Hello there,
|
| Out of nowhere, my name server cannot resolve its own name:
| This is a query while I am logged into the same box:
|

| 5$ nslookup ns2.wananchi.com
| Server:  ns2.wananchi.com
| Address:  62.8.64.4
|
| *** ns2.wananchi.com can't find ns2.wananchi.com: Non-existent host/domain

I just have to!!!

A simple `grep ns2 /etc/namedb/*.conf` led to the solution. A stupid
zone entry for ns2.wananchi.com as an independent zone from
wananchi.com.

	Best regards,
	Odhiambo Washington
	Systems Admin,
	Wananchi Online Ltd.

Are you hosting your domain name with the leaders??:
See http://webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/KE

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php
 Odhiambo WASHINGTON			. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)
 http://www.wananchi.com/email/		. 1ere Etage, Laptrust Plaza, Loita St.,
 Mobile: (+254) 722 743 223		. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI