control own domain/zonefile ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Oct 17 21:16:51 UTC 2006

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 06:44:18PM -0400,
>  Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote
>  a message of 48 lines which said:
>

>> you've been told that the only way to deal with the TLDs directly is
>> to become a registrar *yourself*
>>

> Wrong, I said quite the opposite. Another way is to deal with TLD
> which practice direct selling (no registrars) such as ".ch" (and, I
> believe, ".dk" and certainly many others).

Well, Barry *did* respond, in that same thread, "No, unless you become a
registrar yourself.", and my exact phrase was "the TLDs" (as opposed to
"any given TLD"). Clearly "the TLDs" denotes those referred to the
initial post of the thread, which as far as I can tell didn't include
any "direct selling" ccTLDs.

- Kevin