Bind -vs- Microsoft DNS

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Fri Oct 13 06:20:40 UTC 2006

Greg wrote:
> I tried to send this once before but it disappeared.  So here goes again.
>

> Is there really a performance difference between BIND and MS DNS Server??
> Of course I am talking about these running on a Win2K box.
>

> Greg

Greg,

you are asking the wrong audience.

This is the bind nameserver forum. You may even find djbdns people here
because bind and djbdns are open source and you might even find the
developpers here.

The MS DNS server is a closed box. Nobody here knows what is in that
box. We have no idea.

Maybe this can help:
DNS is under developement. Bind is under development following the
changes in DNS.

Are there any Microsoft people here who can tell the same about the
MS DNS Server?

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--