[OT] Spamhaus Override

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Thu Oct 12 19:29:09 UTC 2006

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:42:58PM +0000,
>  Paul Vixie <vixie at sa.vix.com> wrote
>  a message of 17 lines which said:
>

>>fwiw, spamhaus.org.uk also works, and is not subject to US court orders.
>

> Of course, it is, "spamhaus.org.uk." depends on "co.uk." which depends
> on "uk." which depends on "." which depends on the US governement, as
> well as "org."
>
> But we are drifting away from BIND :-)

There is a root zonefile at

http://intlnet.org/intlroot.txt
http://afrac.org/intlroot.txt

 >> L'AFRAC est un centre en ligne national de référentiels contextuels.
 >> Son rôle est la mise à disposition indépendante, documentée et
 >> personnalisée des racines et des données de référence nécessaires à
 >> une pleine interopération nationale, sûre et protégée, des systèmes
 >> d'information, des relations et des services numériques.

)) AFRAC is a national online centre for contextual reference
)) Its role is to provide independent and documented data about
)) the roots to allow complete interoperation nationally
)) of information systems and digital relations

you can use it to run your own rootserver - just in case ;)

I hope I did translate the text correctly.

And Paul might suggest the ORSN servers who generate their own
root zonefile without believing everything "rootservers.net" says.

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier