Spamhaus Override

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Oct 10 18:45:20 UTC 2006

I just added to my /etc/named.conf

zone "spamhaus.org" {
type stub;
file "stub/spamhaus.org";
masters { 216.168.28.44; };
};

On my system "BIND 9.4.0b2" it creates the file /somewhere/stub/stub/spamhaus.org

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 259200     ; 3 days
spamhaus.org            IN SOA  need.to.know.only. hostmaster.spamhaus.org. (
                                 2006100802 ; serial
                                 3600       ; refresh (1 hour)
                                 600        ; retry (10 minutes)
                                 2419200    ; expire (4 weeks)
                                 3600       ; minimum (1 hour)
                                 )
$TTL 172800     ; 2 days
                         NS      udns1.ultradns.net.
                         NS      udns2.ultradns.net.
                         NS      ns8.spamhaus.org.
                         NS      hq-ns.oarc.isc.org.

and I used only spamhaus's own nameserver. You never know...

host_look("216.168.28.44","ns8.spamhaus.org","3634895916").

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier