Recursion question

Steve Ingraham singraham at okcca.net
Fri Oct 6 19:54:55 UTC 2006

I have a question concerning my name servers.  In doing a check of my
DNS configuration I ran a DNS report from www.dnsreport.com
<http://www.dnsreport.com/> .

One of the failures the report noted on our NS records is that our
domain failed the open DNS server test.  Is this a critical issue I
should resolve?  What problems should I be aware of with this issue?

I have read where I should set:

Options {

recursion=no;

};

in the named.conf file.  Is that all I need to do to correct this
problem?

Two other failures have me concerned.  One states I have a "Missing
Stealth Server".  Another states that there is a "Stealth NS record
leakage".  Can someone explain what these two failures are about and
what I need to do to correct them?

Thanks in advance for all advice on this.

Steve Ingraham

Director of Information Services

Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals

singraham at okcca.net