Yet another forwarding question.

Nicolas nicolas at no-spam.net
Tue Nov 7 07:47:03 UTC 2006

Barry Margolin a écrit :
  > You could simply forward EVERYTHING to the central DNS, and it will go
> out to its ISP for external zones.

Yes, you are right with that, but there are two issues witch this
configuration :

1/ The private WAN between local DNS and central DNS would become
critical, even for local Internet access, which is probably not a good
idea. Of course, one can setup forwarding to try central DNS first, then
local ISP's DNS or ROOT server.

2/ The private WAN might become overloaded with DNS queries, causing
delay for local Internet access.

Anyway, I don't think I will be able to argue with local DNS admin,
telling them to query a central DNS in France to resolve anything from
all around the world. (Of course, we all know that the DNS used to
resolve might be anywhere in the world, but...).

	Nicolas.