How do i get my internal linux dns to retrieve information from an external dns

smallpond smallpond at juno.com
Wed Nov 1 23:04:38 UTC 2006

Lord Kelvan wrote:
> i think i understand and i am running the via root so root should have
> all file permissions should it not i have made some changes to my dns
> in an attempt to fix it cause another problem arose i fixed that
> problem and now the error has changed from permission denied to REFUSED
>

> so this is just no longer being helpful in solving that problem.
>
> Regards
> Kelvan

bind on Linux is usually set up to run as user 'named'  For example:

ps -ef |grep named

named    29647     1  0 Oct17 ?        00:07:14 /usr/sbin/named -u
named -t /var/named/chroot

Check that your files have correct ownership and permissions.
Example:

ls -l /var/named/chroot/var/named/10.202.db.jnl

-rw-r--r--  1 named named 72782 Nov  1 17:35
/var/named/chroot/var/named/10.202.db.jnl

-- S