bind 9.3.1

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Wed May 31 13:59:25 UTC 2006

In article <e5hqvt$255c$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
Wesley Hof  <wesley.hof at scarlet.biz> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I currently run bind 9.3.1 as a caching NS. After a couple days my bind resolves slower and slower untill it refuses all
>query's. My load on the machine is then : 1.00 1.00 1.00 (strange. After killing it (kill -9) and a restart all works fine again ... for
>a couple days.
>
>Someone ?

Bind can cache a lot of data and works best when all of the data can fit
in memory without being paged out.  If your system starts to swap because
of the amount of data being cached by Bind, your performance will be
terrible.  You probably need more memory.  You could use whatever tools
your system provides to examine your memory and swap usage.

--
Tom Schulz
schulz at adi.com