Linux to windows access not work

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue May 30 16:11:37 UTC 2006

manoj wrote:
> Hello,
> In my office,
> I connect all windows server 2003 to my linux system via SAMBA.
> And all windows system using my shared files, via My Network Places,
> But i can't use their shared files through my linux system.
> And also, i can't see their names of their system, when writing the
> commands,
>
> I know the commands are correct.
>
> I ask to some person, they told me that on windows OS (WINDOWS folder)
> their is a files, where we write the names or IP of the system, that we
> want to get our resources,
>
> In my office, we use gateway 192.168.0.1
>
> Thanks for reply,
> Mahendra

That is not a Bind but a windows problem.

Windows knows a lot of netbios dialects.
Linux knows only netbios via tcp/ip.

You must tell your workstation to share via that netbios via tcp/ip,
then you can see and use your shares from linux as well.

Please consult the windows and the samba manuals

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier