Allow or not allow?

Ronni Jensen roj at mvb.dk
Tue May 30 14:49:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I hope you can help me out a bit - am pretty new at BIND, so here comes
a newbie question :)

I have a DNS setup of 1 master (local) and 2 slaves (public reachable)
hosting some domains. Now.. I want to restrict the slaves, so only
people from certain IP networks can query them.

How do I restrict access to the slaves from users outside our network,
but still allow those users within other ISP networks to make dns
queries for domains hosted on "my" servers?

Actually, this question is about not having the whole world use our dns
servers, but use their own ISP's ones.

With kind regards,
/Ronni