resolver search order question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 26 21:58:38 UTC 2006

Well, I guess at this point one option would be to go back to nslookup
and run it with -debug. The way that it uses the "search" directive
should be a fairly close approximation to what your system resolver is
doing. See if it's appending the suffixes you expect, and what responses
it is getting to those queries.

Alternatively, look at the query logs on the server to see what is being
queried, and then "dig" those queries to see what the responses are.

                           - Kevin