resolver search order question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 26 02:09:30 UTC 2006

Yes, you are correct, I misinterpreted your question.

I just performed a little test here, and it seems that a NODATA response
causes a failover to the next element in the searchlist, just as an
NXDOMAIN would. I don't know why it wouldn't do that in your setup. Have
you confirmed that the response is actually NODATA? I could maybe
understand if it were SERVFAIL, NOTIMP, FORMERR or something like that,
the resolution algorithm might stop dead in its tracks...

                                             - Kevin