Configuration about bind name serser.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 25 22:39:43 UTC 2006

In article <e54khp$2dl5$1 at sf1.isc.org>, sandip.redhat at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi......
>
>             I am Sandip Kumar ghosh. I have bind9 base name server with
> static IP. My OS is FreeBSD4.10. I have a register domain like
> <mydomain.com>. In my domain there are two nameserver like
> <ns1.mydomain.com> & <ns2.mydomain.com> with the two public IP. In my
> name server I put the diffrent 55 public web server IP. From which ur
> web site is controling. when i put the command "dig www.mydomain.com",
> my ns reply me the hole 55 IP with round robin base , which is declear
> my name server. My requerment is when i put the command "dig
> www.mydomain.com" the name server reply me atlest 10 IP of this 55 IP
> as a round robin. Each request the name server reply the differnt set
> of 10 IP from the privious reply.

Ordinary BIND cannot do this.  You'll need to modify the source code
yourself, or use a different nameserver.

With that many sites, maybe you should be using a service like Akamai.
They have a fancy, custom DNS architecture that is designed for
distributing load across lots of different servers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA