Zone reload time after NOTIFY

Scott, Casey Casey.Scott at wizards.com
Tue May 23 18:20:57 UTC 2006

I have a BIND machine configured as a secondary server with 1 zone. The
zone can receive many DDNS update from Windows clients. The DDNS updates
occur on the primary server, which is Windows 2003. My question is that
although the primary DNS server sends NOTIFY's to the BIND server, the
BIND server takes quite a while before it implements any of the changes.
I can not find any BIND config option that will effect the
responsiveness of BIND to NOTIFY's. I don't want to force BIND to reload
the zone for every NOTIFY, but I would like to have some control over
the amount of time taken to implement the changes in the zone.

Regards,
Casey Scott