Dynamic zones: some recommendations?

Rob Butler crodster2k at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 21:41:03 UTC 2006

The website is definetly old, but that's just because
not much has changed.  It just works.  The download
from the SF download area is for Bind 9.2 which is
rather old.  Max has kindly created an updated version
for Bind 9.3 which can be downloaded here:
http://projects.navynet.it/

Bind 9.4 will have the dlz core integrated into Bind
itself and the drivers will ship as part of contrib.
I haven't had a lot of time to work on DLZ lately but
I hope for that to change soon.

Yes, DLZ can support an unlimited number of domains
with one entry in named.conf.  If you are going to use
an SQL database I highly recommend Postgresql.  If you
are looking for the best perfomance I recommend the
BDBHPT driver.  If you are looking for performance and
ease of maintaining the dns data I recommend a hybrid
approach as detailed in the best practices section of
the website.

Rob