how was bind compiled/configured?

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 06:14:17 UTC 2006

Yes, I think you can assume that. It would be pretty unusual to link
with libpthread without enabling thread support, I would say.

libnsl and libsocket have to be linked in when you're using socket
code on Solaris, they're pretty standard. libdl I think is related to
dynamic loading, also pretty standard.

You don't seem to have libcrypto in the list, and I don't think it's
possible to link statically against openssl, at least by looking at
the output of './configure --help'.

So, I think you can go with './configure --enable-threads
--with-openssl=no' (no openssl might be the default, though). You can
optionally specify a different prefix if you don't like /usr/local
(named would go in $prefix/sbin/named, dig/host/nslookup in
$prefix/bin).