Bind doesn't look up past its own Domains

Sir Galahad sgalahad at rcn.com
Mon Mar 27 13:11:50 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I have seen that others have had similar issues, but I couldn't find an
answer (or at least one I understood).   I have setup a NS1 and NS2 Bind
(RHEL 4 RPM) and successful have them set to answer for my domain(s).

The problem is if I set the NS server to use itself for Outside lookups, it
fails.   Using Dig, it will only response with a list of roots a-j then stop
with no answers.   Is there something simple I am missing?

Thanks!