response time very high when a lot of queries timeout

Frank Agerholm frank at balumir.de
Mon Mar 27 06:08:20 UTC 2006

Hello,

i have the same Problems with my Caching-Nameserver too.

Bind 9.3.x has an new Feature "rndc recursing" to show currently running
recursive Querys. I found some few queryed dns-Servers in this List
running 40% of my total recursive querys.
These dns-Servers are not reachable (via nslookup or ping) from my DNS.
So i think, it is a routing-Problem.

I blacklisted this nameserver. But this is a dirty hack.

Have you found some other Solutions for this Problem?

greeting

Frank Agerholm