named.conf file in xml

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Fri Mar 17 08:11:19 UTC 2006

> On 16 Mar 2006, at 09:36 , Tom Jones wrote:
>

>>Look, I'm no fan of Microsoft, and I understand the "easy human"
>>readable config files. My point about MS is that they are embracing
>>standards like XML to make it easier to write tools and GUI's for
>>their applications. This is seen as great asset, so no matter what or
>>how , all you have to do is generate the xml file based on the schema.

Look I am a fan of lisp.

Lisp is well known and seasoned language. As the machine language of
artificial intelligence only lisp is the right language to be parsed
automatically. Configuration files are not intended to be read or
written by humans. A human never could read 100 lines of code without
making error. Real bind configuration files are longer than 100 lines.

There exist at least two versions of xml: The microsoft one and the
others. I have written my homepage using vi. Look into any xml
written by a microsft tools. You will never find out what they are
trying to. Not even my conquerror browser did. It crashed.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier