Domain name delegation

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 17 06:26:22 UTC 2006

In article <dvd8tn$rcp$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:

> It's possible that for
> some DNS hosting companies, that all of their tools, templates, etc. are
> set up only for second-level domains.

Seems pretty unlikely, as that would totally cut them off from most
customers using CCtlds.  E.g. the entire UK and Japanese markets, since
they use XXX.co.uk and XXX.com.jp as their equivalents of .com.

I'd guess that at least 90% of DNS hosting services would have
absolutely no problem hosting third-level domains and lower.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA