which file - proper acl info?

kurt lists1 at pilosoft.net
Fri Mar 10 14:53:41 UTC 2006

Checking the docs and searching the bind-users archive, I've come up with this
relevant link for acl:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users&m=110849258723985&w=2

I'm attempting to control access to the bind server for resolving only right
now, to a small subnet, 0.0.0.0/29 (example).  Which file in /etc/bind do I
insert the language as listed in the link above to get this to work?

I haven't edited the files yet, so an indication/hint of where in the file to
place the code would be great, "after this line, before this line", etc.

I'm running the Debian Sarge version of Bind which uses several config files
plus multiple db files in /etc/bind, plus I've installed bind chrooted,
so /etc/bind is really a link to a different part of the filesystem.

The bind server also runs apache (a handful of virtual sites), ntp, and is
occasionally used for web browsing during administration (and resolving ips
in the apache logs), so 127.0.0.1 in addition to the example subnet will be
listed as part of the acl.

The server is currently not authoritative for any domains, although it will be
for a few domains at a later date.  It is just resolving right now, I'm
feeling my way around bind as a newbie. Thanks.

Any other info needed, let me know.

Kurt