Bind 9.3.2 - how do i know dns is using which root server

Alex Tang alextang at cms.hkcable.com
Thu Mar 9 03:41:37 UTC 2006

it is because our cache only dns was upgraded to 9.3.2 from bind 8, we want to find out that can it use the nearest root server to query ? We have a BGP session with a root server which is located in the local exchange. Therefore, we want to find out some log to show which root server will be use if the dns server need to query root server.

otherwise we need to use sniffer or snoop to obtain those information.