Interpret content of named.run

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Mar 8 13:08:44 UTC 2006

Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> writes:

>> The whole lan is named `local.lan' now so I don't know where that
>> address is coming from.
>>
>> The second line and one other have fwobsd.local.net0.jtan.com or some
>> other host from my lan stuck onto `jtan.com' which is a remote
>> internet site I have an account on and was once  mentioned in
>> /etc/resolv.conf  like this:
>>   search local.lan jtan.com
>>
>> But was taken out some time ago.  At least a week.
>>
>> Are these evidence of misconfig somewhere and if so how can I trace
>> the problem down?
>
> 	Reboot.  It's in memory state.

After a reboot I still see these names appeariing in named.run:

  08-Mar-2006 02:00:29.096 createfetch: fwobsd.local.net0 AAAA
  08-Mar-2006 02:00:29.174 createfetch: fwobsd.local.net0.jtan.com AAAA
  08-Mar-2006 02:03:04.353 createfetch: tic.local.net0 AAAA

That name `net0'  has been removed some days ago.   Several reboots have
occurred so where are they coming from.

 Especially the middle one which is two domains glued together.

None of these names are in named.conf or any zone files.

What does `createfetch' mean anyway?

I do have this in the resolver (/etc/resolv.conf) on fwobsd.local.lan
in the search directive.

   search local.lan jtan.com