Recursive Query Problem

Nitin Bhagnari nitinbhagnari at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 10:13:58 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I have 2 DNS servers, one for resolving internal
queries and the other for external ones. I am using
BIND9

In the db.cache file of the IDNS i added an entry to
next query the EDNS. The EDNS's db.cache has root DNS
server IP addresses.

My problem is as follows:

1. When i logon to EDNS and make a query as:
dig abc.xyz.com. NS

I get a response just fine.

2. However, when i make the same query from my IDNS, i
get the named server IPs of the root DNSes

I believe my EDNS is not make recursive queries even
though it is indicated in the query that the IDNS
makes.

I included the following config in my named.conf file
of EDNS:

options {
         allow-recursion {
                          192.168.200.34;
                          };
};

where 192.168.200.34 is the IP of my IDNS.

This does not help as well.

Can any one suggest where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Nitin