Adding static records

Chad Morris morrisce at acs.sparcc.org
Thu Mar 2 18:47:34 UTC 2006

I'm trying to add some records into my master zone and every time I
do, it will stay in the .hosts files for about 15 minutes then get
removed.  I'm assuming it goes away every time the DHCP Records get
updated.  And even when the record is in the file and I reload the
server the record I add doesn't seem to take effect.

Here's my setup for the master zone in question.

zone "flyers.stark.k12.oh.us" {
         type master;
         notify yes;
         file "/etc/bind/flyers.stark.k12.oh.us.hosts";
         allow-update {
                 okay_hosts;
                 localhost;
                 };
         also-notify {
                 10.110.57.3;
                 };
         allow-transfer {
                 10.110.57.3;
                 };
         };

Any ideas why the changes I make don't take effect, but the DHCP
updates do?

Chad