Can one set max-journal-size to 0?

Chris Thompson cet1 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 16:58:23 UTC 2006

I have been upgrading several nameservers from 9.2.5 to 9.3.2, and
have been wondering how best to use the new max-journal-size option.

In particular if one has a (stealth) slave that doesn't allow outgoing
zone transfers, there's no point keeping information about how to
advance from old serials once BIND has committed the new master file
to disc. But I still want this server to use IXFR when fetching zones.

Can I achieve the desired effect by setting max-journal-size to 0?
Or will this cause it to throw away the journal _before_ it has
committed the new master file? Or even not to attempt IXFR at all?

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk