problem with views

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Wed Mar 1 16:36:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with configuring views on Bind 9.3.2 in the correct way.

The situation:
I run a Bind 9.3.2 which is secondary for a specific zone. Most clients
should ask the server and getting the correct response. (This part is
working)

Now I have a networks with other clients who should get other answers for
the same request. At a first look: The classic task for different views.

But there is a problem I cannot solve:
Theses new clients should only get for a few hundred DNS-Records in the zone
a different response. For all other records they should get the normal
correct response.
When I now write a second Zonefile with the different entries for the new
view, how can I get the following changes in the original Zone in the future
to the new view?
The Primary do not know about the new view. He sends only updates for the
normal zone. How couldt I integrate these in the new view? And how could I
avoid a change of one of the records I have changed manually for the new
view?

Is there a solution for this?

Tom.

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer