Do I need TSIG for zone transfer on an intranet env?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jun 29 17:24:12 UTC 2006

In security-speak, it might translate better into "source-address-based
authentication" versus "shared-key-cryptographic authentication".
Obviously, from a theoretical standpoint, the crypto is better security,
but you might give them some pause if at the same time you suggest that
the Security Department be responsible for generating and maintaining
the shared keys. It's amazing how workload can often trump theoretical
advantage :-)

                  - Kevin