Problems with Authoritive name server

Fredrik Söderlund fille.sod at telia.com
Sat Jun 17 00:20:51 UTC 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 22.40, you wrote:
> lyle at lcrcomputer.net wrote:
> > I am having a problem with Bind on a couple of Linux systems.  Various
> > Linux distributions involved, all have Bind 9.3.2 installed from source.
> > It would
> > appear that an authoritive name server is not responding with the A
> > record when
> > the zone is not in it's memory cache.  It's possible that it's somthing
> > in my config,
> > but I certainly cann't see it.
>
>                2006050101 ; serial
> How are you updating serial numbers when you make changes?

Whit the possibility to sound real stupid
but what you meant is when you change you're Zone it wouldent change to the
slaves ore other either if you don't change to a higher amount value on
yyyymmdd ; serial

20060521 ; serial   # the next time you edit it ore yast it
20060522 ; serial   # ore otherwise it wouldent change it only would bee the
cashed zone that being forwarded in other words it wont read the new
records....

Refuards Fille
--
Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.